By Luke Prothero • 28 January 2020 • 23:15
All nine bodies of the victims have been recovered from the helicopter crash near Los Angeles that killed NBA superstar Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles County officials said.
Three remains were recovered from the fragmented debris by an emergency response team on Sunday shortly after the crash occurred.
The remaining six were found as the search continued in the rough hillside on Monday.
An announcement made by the Los Angeles County coroner’s office declared that the victim’s remains had been recovered from the crash site and taken to the department’s forensic science centre for analysis and identification.
NBA legend Kobe Bryant, 41, was travelling with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna at the time of the crash. Aboard the helicopter were also another seven passengers and crew when the Sikorsky S-76 crashed into a rocky hillside in heavy fog near Calabasas, Los Angeles.
Authorities said they are attempting to positively identify every set of remains positively. The full list of victims has yet to be published, but the identities of all nine have been verified by family and associates.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you donâ€™t already have one. Review our
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.