By Euro Weekly News Media • 04 August 2011 • 11:48
Robbie Williams with Lufthaus at the new 528 Ibiza venue in the Balearic islands.
Credit: Facebook 528 Ibiza
NEARLY 500 people were evacuated from a hotel in s’Renal Lucmajor around midnight due to the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning after a 15-year-old girl complained of a severe headache as was vomiting.
On July 16 a 29-year-old Russian woman was found dead in one of the hotel’s rooms with no signs of violence. An autopsy found no cause of death so it was determined to be from natural causes. Three days later a 40-year-old French tourist staying in the same room was taken to hospital in critical condition and was transferred to his country.
A meter revealed that the room had an excessive concentration of carbon monoxide which would have caused poisoning while sleeping. Investigations revealed that the high concentrations of carbon monoxide originated in the boiler room. As such the hotel decided to evacuate the hotel as a precautionary measure, although a medical examination at Son Llatzer medical centre revealed that the girl’s symptoms were not caused by gas inhalation.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.