By Euro Weekly News Media • 04 November 2011 • 17:00
Photo of Teresa Ribera at the Cepsa plant in Tenerife.
Credit: [email protected]
THE family of a woman admitted to the Axarquia Hospital last Friday has accused the medical team for negligence after the baby died.
The family made a formal complaint to a court in Velez-Malaga but at the time of going to press the hospital had not released a statement regarding the incident.
Meanwhile, an autopsy will be carried out to determine the exact cause of death.
According to the woman’s father, she was taken to the delivery room after they alerted staff that she had a blood clot. Although she was told this was normal and could take up to three days, a doctor confirmed that she should stay in the delivery room until she was fully dilated, which occurred at 3am.
However, the woman’s family told a midwife that although the baby had been positioned ready for birth, the position had changed and they demanded that a doctor be called because the woman’s two other children had been born by caesarian.
They were told to remain calm but when a doctor arrived at 4.40am he told that midwives that the baby was not head-down and that it would be impossible for her to give birth naturally. When the baby was extracted the medical team attempted to resuscitate it for 30 minutes with no success.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.