By Euro Weekly News Media • 02 August 2015 • 13:01
OVER the past years I have given out warnings on my radio show that flexi type extendable leads are dangerous. I appeal to dog owners to be very wary of using extending leads on walks. Sally Flanagan from Bracknell, Berkshire, wants other pet owners to be vigilant to prevent them going through the ordeal she suffered in June. Sally’s Jack Russell Terrier Pippin was killed when the lock on her extending lead broke suddenly. “My grandson was walking my dog; they came to a main road and he put the lock on the lead,” said Sally. “But the lock broke and Pippin ran straight into the road and was killed by a car. She was 10 years old. I want people to think twice about using these leads.” I hope by raising awareness of this issue people will think twice about using extending leads next to roads as it only takes a fraction of a second for their dog to run out onto the road and be hit either by a car or a cyclist.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.