By Euro Weekly News Media • 02 December 2016 • 10:56
A BRITISH couple were found dead in a villa on a Javea urbanisation on Thursday, December 1.
Police report that there were no signs of violence and that Derrick and Vicki Holdback died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday evening following a fault with the property’s boiler.
Their bodies were discovered around 10.30am on the first floor of their home named ‘Louise’ on Calle Pio Baroja, which forms part of the La Lluca urbanisation, after two friends became suspicious having not seen the couple for several days.
One of the two had a set of keys to the villa and told the Guardia Civil that he could smell gas on entering.
They then proceeded to explore the house at which point they found the lifeless body of Derrick, who was 78-years-old, in an armchair, and his 68-year-old wife on the floor with a blow to her head, which reports suggest may have occurred when she fell.
A police investigation revealed that the combustion chamber of the boiler was sealed shut and in need of repair, while one neighbour told police that she was struck by the interior lights of the house being on all night on Wednesday.
Derrick and Vicki were well-known in Javea and the local bridge club has already released a message of condolence, which reads: “It is with greatest sadness that we have to inform you that Derrick and Vicki Holdback have passed away. They were found dead at home in their villa Thursday morning. We have no further details at this time. Our deepest sympathy and thoughts are with their family.”
More to follow…
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you donâ€™t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.