ENGLISH NEWS: Police launch manhunt after young boy sexually assaulted at home

Police have released this CCTV image of a man they want to talk to in connection to a sexual assault in Hillingdon, England.

A MAN is being hunted by police after a young boy reported that he had been sexually assaulted in his bedroom by an intruder in Hillingdon, England.

The attack is said to have happened just after midnight on Saturday, November 23, at a residential address in Ickenham. The boy said that a man had come into his bedroom and assaulted him, but had fled the scene when he said that he would phone the police.

The Metropolitan Police have released a CCTV image of the man that they wish to speak to in connection with the incident, urging anyone who recognises him to call police.

The suspect is described as white, of slim build with short hair and a beard. He was wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Detective Constable Claire Field, from the West Area Command Unit’s Safeguarding team released a statement which said:

“Police are very concerned and we are carrying out an extensive and well-resourced investigation.

“We are appealing for the public’s help to identify a man who was seen running from the area shortly after the assault. It is vital that we speak to him to establish why he was in the vicinity.

“Whilst incidents such as this are thankfully very rare, I would encourage people to ensure that their homes are kept secure at all times and to report anyone acting suspiciously.”

Detective Chief Inspector Natalie Norris from the West Area Command Unit, said:

“We fully recognise how concerned our community will be after an incident like this.

“For this reason we have patrols in the area and we are working with partners and keeping them informed. Together we are doing all we can to support the family and all those affected.

“This is a horrible incident and thankfully rare, but my officers are working incredibly hard to find the person responsible.”

The boy, whose age has not been released, is being supported by specially trained officers.

We at Euro Weekly News understand that detectives investigating the assault said that there were no signs of forced entry.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Isha Sesay

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.