By Cristina Hodgson •
Published: 14 Feb 2020 • 13:17
According to the director of the Sierra Bermeja’s High School in Malaga, this last Monday morning the school caretaker was going about his daily job when he suffered a “sudden heart attack”
His colleagues alerted the emergency services straight away and a healthcare teacher, Asunción Trevilla, performed cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), unfortunately with no response. Two other teachers then intervened with a portable defibrillator (DESA), which had been installed in the school two years previously. After administrating two shocks, the man responded.
As Euro Weekly News understands, when the emergency services arrived, the caretaker was already conscious and congratulated the teachers for their rapid intervention.
The high school in Malaga’s Sierra Bermeja bought a portable device two years ago with the collection from the sale of bracelets. The director is asking the Delegation to install these devices in all the educational centres.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing email@example.com, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.