By Sarah Keane • 05 December 2020 • 7:31
MAN dies after his apartment above a shop in Valencia catches fire
A Valencia man has died after a fire broke out in a city centre shop below his apartment on Friday, December 4. The Emergency Information and Coordination Centre (CICU) were called to a commercial premises on Roger de Flor street at around 10:20am and found a fire raging in an antiques store. One woman had already escaped the building.
Fire crews removed a man from the burning building and treated him on site for serious burns. He was then transferred to La Fe Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Two firefighters are being treated for smoke inhalation at La Fe Hospital.
Local Police are trying to establish the cause of the fire, but sources suspect it may have been due to a short circuit.
For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Former teacher and health services manager with a Degree in English, Sarah moved to Spain from Southern Ireland with her husband, who runs his own car rental business, in 2019. She is now enjoying a completely different pace and quality of life on the Costa Blanca South, with wonderful Spanish and expat friends in Cabo Roig. Sarah began working with Euro Weekly News in 2020 and loves nothing more than bringing all the latest national and international news to her local community.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.