By Euro Weekly News Media • 28 February 2014 • 12:15
Whisky bottle found in rubbish caused death
According to initial reports, six people found the bottle and drank from it, as did two Moroccan illegal car park attendants, one of them the deceased.
Although they drank in El Ejido, the death and poisonings occurred in Almeria city.
At around 2.20 am the emergency services were called and six people were taken to hospital. An hour later, they were called to the scene where the man died. His friend was taken to hospital.
Four remain in intensive car and three in the A&E department under observation.
The Government Delegate in Andalucia, Carmen Crespo, has reported that there was a toxic substance in the bottle. Police are investigating where it came from.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.