By Euro Weekly News Media • 11 August 2014 • 17:04
At Las Palmeras Hotel in Fuengirola a chlorine leak caused a swimming pool to be evacuated and 25 people including children were affected.
At around 14.40 the leak was spotted as the supply tube broke for the whole hotel complex. According to a speaker from the Emergency services, 112,they received emergency calls from close by street Martínez Catena and they then began to start evacuation.
The local services received aid from a couple of other specialist teams and 14 were treated on the spot. However four youngsters were moved to the Costa Del Sol hospital and four people to a hospital in Benalmadena.
Fortunately none were seriously injured but care was taken with the children as they are more susceptible to drink the water and also that they are affected quicker than older people. The hospitals did tests on their eyes, throats and thensome respiratory examinations to be sure no effects would occur later on.
The pool has been closed in the meantime and will reopen following checks by the Public Health Service.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Ouch! That’s going to be expensive for the hotel!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.