By Euro Weekly News Media • 26 January 2015 • 15:54
THE Junta de Andalucia regional government and Malaga City Council have signed an agreement to create a 69-kilometre bike path network under the Andalucian Bicycle Plan (PAB).
The new paths, 75 per cent of which will be paid for by the Junta using European funds and the remaining 25 per cent by the city council, will be added to the existing 29 kilometres, providing a total of almost 100 kilometres.
The network of paths, expected to be built by 2017, will reach areas including Churriana, Puerto de la Torre and the PTA Andalucian Technology Park.
The project aims to encourage use of the bicycle as transport to benefit the environment and citizens’ health.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.