Justice prevails for Albanian accused of attacking Spanish tourists

UK regulator says energy price cap could be reviewed every three Source: Pixabay

A RESTAURANT owner filmed jumping on a prominent Spanish businessman´s car has had his restaurant demolished.

A video emerged last week of 51-year-old Mihal Kokëdhima jumping on the bonnet of a hire car containing Spanish tourists.

The footage shows him breaking through the windscreen with his bare hands, apparently angry that the tourists had complained at the meal they received.


Further details have emerged that the car was occupied by well-known Spanish businessman and founder of telecoms company ONO, Eugenio Galdón and his family, as well as an Albanian tour guide and driver.

The assault led the Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama to make a formal apology to the occupants of the vehicle,  

He said: “The barbarian who struck our Spanish friends has violated the sacred code of Albanian hospitality and has brought shame upon us all.”


A smiling Kokëdhima appeared in court on Tuesday faced with charges of intimidation, deliberate damage and destruction of property.

His lawyer argued that he got on to the hood of the vehicle to defend himself and claimed that the tourists had smoked cannabis and that their two companions were drunk.

The restaurant owned by Kokëdhima, located in Porto Palermo on the south coast of the country, was demolished on Wednesday for operating without the proper licences and documentation.


FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

James Warren

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Close