Electrical fire at restaurant in Valencia on the Costa Blanca leaves one injured

CREDIT: Policia Local Valencia Twitter

AN electrical fire at an Italian restaurant fire in Valencia’s Gran Vía Marqués del Turia on the Costa Blanca has left one man injured as he tried to extinguish the flames.

Local Police cut several lanes of road while Valencia Fire Department tackled the fire inside the premises this afternoon.

According to police sources, the fire started in an electrical panel, which is when the wounded man “tried to suffocate the first flames,” and sustained burns to his hand.

The restaurant was evacuated and access to the area was almost completely cut off to traffic and pedestrians.

It is not yet known to what extend the flames and smoke have damaged the restaurant.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Tara Rippin

Tara Rippin is a reporter for Spain’s largest English-speaking newspaper, Euro Weekly News, and is responsible for the Costa Blanca region.
She has been in journalism for more than 20 years, having worked for local newspapers in the Midlands, UK, before relocating to Spain in 1990.
Since arriving, the mother-of-one has made her home on the Costa Blanca, while spending 18 months at the EWN head office in Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol.
She loves being part of a community that has a wonderful expat and Spanish mix, and strives to bring the latest and most relevant news to EWN’s loyal and valued readers.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.