Seven people die after drinking hand sanitiser

SEVEN people die after drinking hand sanitiser because they ran out of booze

Are you dying for a drink? If so, it might be time to think twice about the lengths you’d go to for a bevvie, as seven people in Russia have lost their lives from drinking hand sanitizer after they ran out of booze at a house party.

Local news reported that a total of nine people drank the antiseptic wash widely used to clean hands during the coronavirus pandemic, which was 69 per cent methanol, when they ran out of alcohol. The victims were at a residence in Tomtor in the east of the country.

In a statement, the Federal Public Health watchdog said: “Nine cases of poisoning with sanitiser have been registered, including seven that were fatal .”

The regional state prosecutor said: “The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitiser.”

Three others are in a critical condition as a result of the incident which officials said was related to alcoholism.

________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Seven people die after drinking hand sanitiser”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.

 

 

 

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Sarah Keane

Former teacher and health services manager with a Degree in English, Sarah moved to Spain from Southern Ireland with her husband, who runs his own car rental business, in 2019. She is now enjoying a completely different pace and quality of life on the Costa Blanca South, with wonderful Spanish and expat friends in Cabo Roig. Sarah began working with Euro Weekly News in 2020 and loves nothing more than bringing all the latest national and international news to her local community.

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.