By Euro Weekly News Media • 26 May 2011 • 11:48
Image of a firefighting aircraft.
Credit: [email protected]
IN the first quarter of this year, the number of people using the number of people using public transport in Velez-Malaga fell by 8,000 passengers compared to 2010. This includes the tram between Velez-Malaga and Torre del Mar, which has the lowest number of passengers since it came into operation in October 2006.
In total, 200,900 people used local public transport, of which 37 per cent were on the three local buses from Velez to Torre del Mar, Caleta and Almayate, while the other 63 per cent used the tram.
Although the tram route was extended by 1.2km two years ago to increase the number of passengers, it has still not been opened. This project cost more than €8m.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.