By Euro Weekly News Media • 18 July 2011 • 13:42
TWO companies have pay €43,000 compensation to a Malaga housewife who sustained burns using their cleaning product.
The court rejected the appeals from one of the companies and considers that the lack of information on how to properly prepare to use the product led to the accident. In 2007, the housewife read the information for use on the label and wore gloves and a mask to slowly pour the product down the drain in her shower.
As she did so, it exploded, splashing her and burning her skin. Although the safety instructions for the product were written in 2006, they weren’t given to the Ministry until 2008. The two companies belong to the same group and sell a dangerous product made mainly of sulphuric acid which the court believed had insufficient safety warnings.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.