By Euro Weekly News Media •
Published: 29 Jun 2012 • 7:24
A TEENAGER was seriously injured after climbing an electricity pylon.
The 17-year-old from Mutxamel received an electric discharge of 20,000 volts from the pylon in Sant Joan d’Alacant.
The electric shock nearly killed the Moroccan teen who was admitted to Alicante General Hospital with third degree burns on various parts of his body.
A third-degree burn destroys the outer layer of skin and the entire layer beneath.
The teen also suffered multiple wounds after falling nearly 12m after he was electrocuted.
The incident occurred shortly after the youth reportedly parted company with friends he had been walking with on the road by the cemetery around 10.30pm, according to a police report.
His friends then heard an explosion and then a thump, so quickly called 112.
Electricity company Iberdrola has certified that the installation is in a ‘perfect state’ and complies with the necessary security measures.
An investigation was opened to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.