How to change administrators?


In our Aparthotel building on the Costa Blanca, we have full time residents and many owners who rent out their property. Our administration company is also the managing agent for the aparthotel and the rentals. We recently called an EGM to remove this administrator. Now he has refused permission to see our bank accounts and we are told that our community fees are far too high. The same administrators were removed by the court from another apartment block and had to refund money to the owners. We have installed a new administration company. This will take 18 months to go through the courts and we have an AGM soon. Is there any lawful course we can take?

L S. (Costa Blanca)


There is always negotiation. Start by consulting your provincial Colegio de Administradores de Fincas, which is the professional association of property administrators. There are also forms of intermediation.  Keep in mind that, if you have dismissed the administrator without a specific reason before the end of his contract, you probably will be ordered to pay him the fees outstanding for the period.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

David Searl

You and the law in spain Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.