Tragedy in Spain As One Young Man Is Found Dead And Three Seriously Intoxicated In A Country House In Madrid

THE Young men, aged between 19 and 21, spent the night of the Three Kings in a rural house in Colmenar Viejo on the M-618 at kilometre 6.

At around 13:30 hours today (Monday) a family member went to the location concerned by the lack of news from the group and was horrified to discover three of the young individuals unconscious and one already dead. The emergency services were immediately called.

Authorities have confirmed that the young men were intoxicated by carbon monoxide.

Firefighters have certified that the cause of the gas leak was due to a failure in the generator which the young men had left running inside the house all night.

Two of the young men found in a critical condition were taken by helicopter to the Hospital Puerta de Hierro in Majadahonda and to the 12 October. A third young man, also in a serious condition was transferred to the Hospital Puerta de Hierro.

The Madrid Emergency Services tweeted the incident: 

1 young man died, 2 critical condition and 1 serious from carbon monoxide inhalation when inhaling the gases from a generator that they had turned on last night in a rural house in #ColmenarViejo. M618 km6. Official bodies involved: #SUMMA112 #FiremenCM @civil guard and #Localpolice

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Cristina Hodgson

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.