By Damon Mitchell • 07 January 2020 • 16:00
Emergency services called: Victim transferred to Carlos Haya Hospital
A 50-YEAR-OLD woman has been taken to hospital after being injured by burns on her face and affected by smoke inhalation by burning the Christmas tree of her home in the town of Benalmadena in the province of Malaga. As reported by the unified emergency service 112 Andalusia, a relative raised the alarm at about 9 p.m. of a fire in a house on the Costa del Sol road, after which they immediately notified firefighters, Local and National Police and health services. Public Emergency Health Company (EPES) personnel transferred the affected person to Carlos Haya Hospital to be treated after being poisoned by smoke inhalation and suffering burns to the face, according to Local Police sources.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
From the interviewed to the interviewer
As frontman of a rock band Damon used to court the British press, now he lives the quiet life in Spain and seeks to get to the heart of the community, scoring exclusive interviews with ex-pats about their successes and struggles during their new life in the sun.
Originally from Scotland but based on the coast for the last three years, Damon strives to bring the most heartfelt news stories from the spanish costas to the Euro Weekly News.
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.