Benidorm hotel evacuated after three people affected by ‘chemical reaction’

A HOTEL was evacuated and three people ‘slightly affected’ after a gas leak at a hotel in Rincon de Loix in Benidorm.

The first two floors of the building were cleared as a preventative measure after two reactant liquids were accidentally mixed together in a tank, causing a chemical reaction.

Firefighters equipped with breathing equipment reportedly ‘quickly controlled’ the situation on Friday.

Sources confirmed two employees and a guest were slightly affected and taken to a nearby health centre. They added that the most common symptoms in these cases may be nauseas, vomiting and dizziness.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Tara Rippin

Tara Rippin is a reporter for Spain’s largest English-speaking newspaper, Euro Weekly News, and is responsible for the Costa Blanca region.
She has been in journalism for more than 20 years, having worked for local newspapers in the Midlands, UK, before relocating to Spain in 1990.
Since arriving, the mother-of-one has made her home on the Costa Blanca, while spending 18 months at the EWN head office in Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol.
She loves being part of a community that has a wonderful expat and Spanish mix, and strives to bring the latest and most relevant news to EWN’s loyal and valued readers.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments