By Damon Mitchell •
Published: 02 Mar 2020 • 11:00
Scorned Lover: Man sets his girlfriend's house on fire. Credit: Shutterstock
TWO people were poisoned by smoke inhalation during a room fire in a hotel in Benalmadena this Sunday, according to emergency services.
The fire began at 12.15 pm when several witnesses raised the alarm having seen smoke and flames coming out of one of the rooms on the top floor of a hotel complex located on Calle Guadalmedina.
The fire has been put out by the hotel employees themselves and firemen managed to clear the affected area and create ventilation. Evacuation of the complex was not necessary as the incident occurred on the top floor of the building.
Ambulance services took the two affected by smoke inhalation to the Benalmadena Hospital.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
From the interviewed to the interviewer
As frontman of a rock band Damon used to court the British press, now he lives the quiet life in Spain and seeks to get to the heart of the community, scoring exclusive interviews with ex-pats about their successes and struggles during their new life in the sun.
Originally from Scotland but based on the coast for the last three years, Damon strives to bring the most heartfelt news stories from the spanish costas to the Euro Weekly News.
Share your story with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.