Nerja's Foreigners' Department shares valuable vaccine information

Nerja's Foreigners' Department shares valuable vaccine information

CREDIT: Twitter

Nerja’s Foreigners’ Department shares valuable vaccine information.
THE Town Hall’s department dedicated to assisting British and other expats living in the municipality with a whole range of issues.
Andf a matter at the forefront of most people’s minds at the moment is Covid vacccinations.
To help clarify and simplify things, Nerja’s Foreigners’ Department has released the following information.
Already registered with the Social Security
When it is your turn for vaccination, according to your age, the health centre or the hospital vaccination department will phone you.
Nerja health centre is now phoning the 70 to 79 age group who have the health/SIP card “tarjeta sanitaria” and are registered with the Social Security.
This age group must go to Nerja health centre.
Meanwhile, the age group 60 to 65 is currently being called by the hospital, and those contacted should go to the fairground area “recinto ferial” in Torre del Mar for their jab.
Foreign residents over 80 with SIP who haven’t received vaccine notification are advised to make an appointment at Nerja health centre.
How to do this
Call 951 289 662. This telephone can be frequently occupied, so you might have to visit the health centre which is open Monday to Thursday, from 8am to 8pm; and Friday 8am to 2pm.
Foreign Residents without ‘tarjeta sanitaria’
Many foreigners who have a Resident card and have retired before pension age or are non-Europeans, don’t have public Spanish health care, as when applying for Residencia, a private insurance was required. If you are registered on the town hall Padron population list, you can apply at the health centre to get the vaccine and register with a doctor for a certain period.
In these cases, make an appointment at Nerja health centre and present the following:
– A town hall Padron certificate called “volante” dated in the last three months.
– The green Residencia or the TIE resident card. Original plus one copy.
– Passport. Original plus one copy.
– The form “Solicitud de alta….usuarios privados – extranjeros…” Fill in section 1 & 2. Write two Spanish telephone numbers, not foreign telephones.
Write the date and sign in the middle. One form per person.
– If you have an S1 or European EHIC card, take a copy just in case they ask for it.
Foreigners without ‘tarjeta sanitaria’ and without an NIE
You have to be registered at the town hall Padron population list. Make an appointment at Nerja health centre and present the documents that you may have from the list above. If you also have an NIE, take a copy.
The health centre will inform you if you can be registered at the health for a short period of time and get the vaccine.
Obtaining a town hall Padron ‘volante’ by email
If you are registered on the Padron and need a Padron certificate (called “volante”) for the health centre, you can ask for it by sending an email to the Padron Department at: or
Send a scanned copy of the passport of each person. In several days, you will receive the ‘volante’ by email.
Checking with Social Security that your details are correct if you have a digital certificate
It is important to check that Social Security has your correct telephone number so they
can call you for the vaccine.
If you have a digital certificate ‘certificado digital’, also called ‘certificado electronico’,
you can check your telephone and personal details.
It is very important to have a digital signature certificate as you can make appointments or
apply for general procedures with any public administration, like the social security, town
hall Padron, a building licence, pay taxes, etc.
You can also contact the Hacienda tax office, Trafico, etc., from your own computer without having to physically go to any public medical centre or public office.
For more info on digital certificate, email Nerja Foreigners Department:
Alternatively, Google: clicsalud+ on the Junta de Andalucia webpage.
Click or write the following:
– Say si to the message.
– Datos personales at the bottom right side.
– Certificado digital at the top of the page.
– Permitir to the message.
– Datos de contacto on the left bottom part.
– Aceptar to the message.
– Check your telephone and details. If all ok, click continuar and after confirmar.
If you have to make any changes, first click modificar and after click continuar and
Convenio Especial: For residents without Social Security who wish to be included in all the services of the Spanish system
If you have a green Residence card/certificate or a TIE Residence card for over a one year and you are also registered on the town hall Padron, you can benefit from the main
services of the Spanish Social Security by applying for the ‘Convenio Especial’.
You have to pay €60 per month per person if under 65, and €157 per month per person if over 65. Medicines are not included.
You apply with an appointment at the local health centre.
To find oout more, visit:

Author badge placeholder
Written by

Tara Rippin

Tara Rippin is a reporter for Spain’s largest English-speaking newspaper, Euro Weekly News, and is responsible for the Costa Blanca region.
She has been in journalism for more than 20 years, having worked for local newspapers in the Midlands, UK, before relocating to Spain in 1990.
Since arriving, the mother-of-one has made her home on the Costa Blanca, while spending 18 months at the EWN head office in Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol.
She loves being part of a community that has a wonderful expat and Spanish mix, and strives to bring the latest and most relevant news to EWN’s loyal and valued readers.

Share your story with us by emailing, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page