Teenager electrocuted after dropping mobile in the bath

Teenager electrocuted after dropping mobile in the bath

A 13-year-old girl has died in the French town of Macon, in the east Burgundy region, after dropping her mobile phone in the bathtub. The girl was able to be revived by responding police officers, but finally died due to the severity of her injuries.

A police team responded immediately to the emergency alert called in by the girl’s parents. Upon arrival at the scene, they managed to revive the girl temporarily, thanks to the application of rapid cardiac resuscitation manoeuvres (CPR).

She was subsequently evacuated in critical condition to a hospital in Lyon. Another girl, a friend of the victim, was also hospitalised in shock at what had happened.

An investigation has been launched by local authorities to find out the exact circumstances of this tragic accident.

While her daughter was still in a coma, the girl’s mother spoke to the local newspaper and told them, to raise awareness of this risk in other families, “Let other teenagers learn from what happened, because they always have their phones glued to their hands!”, as reported by 20minutos.es.

___________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to check The Euro Weekly News for all your up-to-date local and international news stories, and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Chris King

Originally from Wales, Chris spent years on the Costa del Sol before moving to the Algarve where he is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *