Mercedes-Benz recalling just over 100,000 C-Class sedans worldwide

Share

GERMAN carmaker Mercedes-Benz is recalling just over 100,000 C-Class sedans worldwide, according to reports from Germany on Friday, September 23.

In total, about 850 Mercedes-Benz C-Class cars are being recalled in Switzerland, a spokesman for the carmaker in Switzerland told AWP on Friday. The reason is moisture that penetrates into the cars and can lead to a short circuit.

The cars potentially affected by the recall were registered in the production period from October 2020 to June 2022. The owners of these vehicles will be notified in a timely manner, the spokesperson said.

In Germany, 10,254 vehicles are believed to be affected by the recall, according to data from the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA). Mercedes-Benz says it has discovered that moisture can penetrate the signal acquisition and actuation module (SAM) if water gets into the boot.

Various malfunctions could occur due to a possible short circuit, as reported by handelszeitung.ch.

“Among other things, the exterior lighting at the rear of the vehicle could fail, the rear seat backrests could unlock without motivation and the reversing camera could not be available,” a spokesman in Germany told the DPA agency on Thursday, September 22.

As a precautionary measure, the affected vehicles will be retrofitted with a cover over the SAM to prevent the possible ingress of water, the spokesman added.

In related news, last month Mercedes-Benz was reportedly ready to sell its car assembly plant in the Moscow region of Russia, with the deal in its final stage.

The Esipovo plant is now owned by the parent company Mercedes-Benz AG (who own 80 per cent of shares) and the joint venture Daimler Kamaz RUS (who own 20 per cent of shares).


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Matthew Roscoe

Originally from the UK, Matthew is based on the Costa Blanca and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at editorial@euroweeklynews.com.



Recent Posts

  • EU News

EU ministers have agreed a new coordination plan to tackle migration

EU interior ministers agreed a new plan to tackle migration and coordinate the handling of migrants who…

12 mins ago
  • Costa del Sol

MISSING: Please help find 16-year-old Candela missing since Thursday

The Police and SOS Desaparece have asked for help in trying to locate Candela Marina…

23 mins ago
  • World News

Putin awards ‘Mother-Heroine’ title to seven Russian women

Putin has awarded the title of "Mother-Heroine" to seven Russian women after he reinstated the…

1 hour ago
  • World News

BREAKING: Belarus Minister of Foreign Affairs Vladimir Makei dies

The Belarus Minister of Foreign Affairs Vladimir Makei is reported to have died suddenly on…

2 hours ago
  • Football

Australia pile pressure on France as they beat Tunisia 1-0

Australia have piled the pressure on world cup holders France as they beat Tunisia in…

2 hours ago
  • Costa Blanca South

Unwanted invaders removed from the Cabo Cervera micro-reserve in Torrevieja (Alicante)

INVASIVE non-native plants and vegetation have been eliminated from Torrevieja’s Cabo Cervera micro-reserve. Between them,…

2 hours ago